Routine for a defined body
The routine for a defined body has the main objective is to loose as much of body fat as possible but maintaining the more possible amount of muscles as possible. Beside that, you will not achieve it without a good defining diet.
Most people spend most of the year just training the volume or strength routines. But when it comes closer to the summer they start worrying about defining their bodies to show the abs on the beach. This is when they decide to change their training and will start using so-called muscle defining routines.
At the same time the science behind fitness and nutrition is constantly changing. One day they publish a study where they say that supports a specific food or exercise. Then there’s a new study coming out a bit later where they say that following the other study could be one of the worst things you could do. So, it all depends on general marketing and what is the new trend.
Get ready for those barbecues, pool parties, beach or any other shirt-optional events.
Follow these guidelines to be successful with your routine for a defined body:
- Lower your consumption of carbohydrates, except for breakfast or after training. You sure will need to consume more proteins to avoid catabolism (the set of metabolic pathways that breaks down molecules into smaller units to release energy) y have a moderate use of fats.
- Cardio/aerobic exercises are more and more relevant for you. The intensity should never be high for your organism to have the access to fats. You should be doing them for 30 minutes to 40 minutes more or less and 3 to 5 times per week.
- Time is a very important. Rest between the sessions of each exercise here is a lot shorter than in other routines.
- Choose the correct macronutrients of good quality and follow the basic of nutrition, eat several times a day, etc.
The assumptions in your definition routine:
- Do 10 seconds aerobic exercise with medium-high level before every weights session to stimulate your muscles to burn more fat during your training. Finish your weights training with 30 minutes aerobic session.
- Rest between sessions should not be longer than 30-40 seconds.
- Avoid distractions to keep yourself concentrated with your routine.
- Before you start your routine, keep in mind:
- /number/ = the number of series you should do
- number/number = means that you should choose between either of the number of repeats
The program to follow:
- 3 days of not-aerobic exercise. With interspersed days off.
- 3 days of aerobic exercise with abs, with interspersed days of training.
Abs exercises: (exercises and repeats)
- Toes-to-bar. Lift your legs when hanging and shrinkage on a bench – 4 x 15 and 30
- Sloping on the floor for obliques – 4 x 30, no relax
- Crunch with triceps pulley – 4 x 30, no relax
- Day 1: Chest and biceps (exercise/ series/ repeats)
- Bench press bar – / 5 / 15 – 12 – 7 – 7 – 9/12
- Combined series: Press on incline bench and dumbbell openness – / 3 / 8 and 10
- Pulley crossing – / 3 / 12 – 12 – 12/15
- Dips – / 2 / Tf* (the failure)
- Biceps curls in a low pulley – / 3 / 15 – 10/10 – 12
- Sitting alternate dumbbell curl – / 3 / 12 – 12 – 12/15
- Scott curl on a bench – / 3/10/12 – 10/12 – 15
- Concentration curl – / 2/10 – 8-6
- Day 2: Back and triceps (exercise/ series/ repeats)
- Breast pulley bar pulls – / 4 / 15-7 – 9/11 – 9/11
- Breast pulley bar pulls with a triangle – / 3 / 9 – 9/11 – 9/11
- Combined series: low pulley row and pull-ups – / 3 / 10/Tf* – 10/Tf* – 10/Tf*
- Hyperextensions – / 4 / 5 – 15 – 15 – 15
- Combined series: French press and bench press with a close grip – / 4 / 15 and 15 – 10 and 10 – 10 and 10 – 10 and 10
- Pulley with invested grip – / 3/10/12 – 10/12 – 15
- Tricep kick – / 2 / 10/8/6 – 10/8/6
- Day 3: Legs and shoulders (exercise/ series/ repeats)
- Leg press – / 5 / 15 – 12 – 7 – 7 – 9/11
- Combined series: squats and scissors or splits – / 3 / 15 and 12 – 10 and 10/12 – 10 and 10/12
- Sissy squats – / 3 / 15
- Military press with a bar – / 4 / 15-7 – 9/11 – 9/11
- Shoulder side raise – / 3/15 – 10/12 – 10/12
- Breeding dumbbell in slope – / 3/15 – 10/12 – 10/12
- Shoulder shrug – / 3 / 15
Of course another important part of your training is to maintain your testosterone on healthy levels. You can read the full article about why it’s so important to have healthy levels of that hormone by clicking here.
The routine for a defined body is really recommended to start NOW as the summer is just around the corner.
I'm passionate about social media, new technologies, gadgets, business development, healthy cooking, fitness, music and travel. I like spending time walking around and getting inspiration.
Latest posts by Meelis Paloson (see all)
- The world’s first water park for disabled kids of all ages just opened!!! - 22nd June 2017
- Free roaming in the EU – Roam Like at Home - 15th June 2017
- Unique shopping from around the World - 23rd January 2017